Monthly Archives: December 2016
My waking thoughts this morning are focused on YOU. In the midst of the celebrations I know you have given your all to make the holidays so joyful and fulfilling for all you love. You’ve undoubtedly made your home magical with lights; put great thought into gift giving so you can make your little ones eyes dance –or grown children, or better yet, grandbabies! You planned delicious dinner menus and took the time to share a fine bottle of wine with a friend.
Today, my hope for you is that it was, and is, everything you intended.
My thought for you today is to treat yourself kindly. Take some time to rejuvenate, recover and refresh. Here are simple ideas for you to incorporate over this next week:
- Drink this upon waking in the morning, to detoxify your liver, boost your metabolism, decrease inflammation and boost your immune system:
Lemon Water Detox
1 cup warm water
½ fresh squeezed lemon
1 teaspoon Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
Dash of Cayenne pepper
- Keep your meals simple, local fresh produce, lean proteins and plenty of water.
- Take a walk in the forest, along the ocean, through a garden or anywhere that brings you peace
- Take a warm bath with Epson salts, Himalayan pink salt or lavender oil
- Destress by expanding your breathing. Lay comfortably on your back. Expand your rib cage by taking a deep breath and hold it for three seconds. Take another small breath on top of that breath and hold for another three seconds. Release the air slowly through your mouth and feeling any anxiety or stress going with it. This technique helps expand the rib cage, stretching your intercostal muscles (the muscles surrounding your ribs) so you breathe more freely. We tend to breathe shallowly through the day. Feel the difference?
Please share this with your friends who are looking for a healthy way to destress after this busy week!
From my heart to yours,
Toni Julian is a nationally renowned health advocate, nutrition adviser, fitness expert and author of BITE ME! Change Your Life One Bite at a Time, as well as a mom of four. She is also the creator of Toni’s OatMEAL, a complete and healthy hot protein meal that’s ready in minutes. Visit www.ToniJulian.com